LFT (Long Fiber Thermoplast)
For maximum efficiency and productivity
Fiber-reinforced plastics with long fibers offer outstanding lightweight construction properties and high potential in terms of energy absorption. The dual-machine technology developed by Dieffenbacher ensures optimal compounding and the gentle blending of reinforcement fibers using a process-controlled, hydraulic high-precision press.
LFT-D (Long Fiber Thermoplast Directmolding)
Solution for direct production of the polymer melt in an extrusion/flow process.
- Flexible adaptation of materials to component requirements
- Structured surfaces possible for visible components
- Adjustable polymer discharge nozzles for forming various thicknesses within a strand of plasticized material
- Appropriate material accumulation and reduced component distortion due to minimized flow paths
Solution for maximum strength at the optimum weight using local reinforcements.
- Good strength properties and high energy absorption capability due to additional reinforcement materials (for extra stiffness and toughness)
- Reduced weight due to ideal reinforcement in structural and semi-structural applications
- Single-stage local compaction of continuous filament and fabric insertions
- Entire fully automated tape and fiber placement process (unidirectional fiber tape into the tailored blank) integrated